View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 12:04   Link #107
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

I thought the ending was a very reasonable conclusion to it, might actually be one of the most reasonable and realistic conclusion to war in recent Gundam - all the pro-war Vagans and the Zeheart whom is the leader were all dead, Ezelcant is so sick he won't be able to lead anymore, the canon attached to Second Moon was going to blow and bring Second Moon and millions of civilians along with it, in that situation just like Flit said even if he didn't do anything the Vagans would still die. Given that Flit, as the top commander of the Federation forces (ie he actually has some authority and say in all of this, unlike most Gundam protagonists whom by all reasonable accounts are just mere soldiers following orders) had shown that he was not going to take advantage of the situation by firing the plasma dive missile into space and show the Vagans he wasn't going to kill them despite having the very power to do so and instead will offer the helping hand, it should be all the reason a relatively sane person would need to take such an offer, and yes the Vagans did take it. The flow to reach such a conclusion is actually very logical and makes plenty of sense. If you take just this bit alone there's actually no magical "kill some final boss and it's good" feel to it which is actually quite commendable for a mecha anime.

In light of all of that they really didn't even need Sid and Vagan Gear to play that mgaical final boss, it actually ruined the conclusion and took away valuable time to maybe flush out some scenes better (they could've made some scene to show the urgency of cutting off Second Moon from the canon structure by showing some explosions affecting Second Moon and its civilians for example, just to make it so the Vagans really are backed into a corner and drive home to Flit that there are innocent civis at hand), except I think they just want to prove that Kio is still right in his no-kill policy and therefore must let him exercise it just one last time.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote