Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-04, 14:55   Link #548
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
I really need to start remembering to watch out for the French Tier V light tank ELC AMX, it's only a light tank but it has the gun of a TD. (luckily French tanks are rare )
The light french tanks all have super heavy guns. I remember sitting on that "no man's land" map sniping with my Tiger P, and this tiny french light moves right beside me .. and it had a bigger gun than I did! It was hilarious looking!

So with a few more games under my belt and some time to think about it randomly, I'm pretty disappointed with my Tiger P. Thoughts:

1) The most effective way appears to be playing like Tak does on the Tiger H as a sniper in the second line .. and it works decently well, but hits for ~200 dmg sporadically when it takes you as long as it does to get into position with the weaker engine isn't great.

2) Moving closer to the front puts me against tanks of the same tier which I have about the same % chance to bounce vs. them as they do against me, with a slight advantage on my part. The problem is they deal +50-80% damage than me per shot that penetrates.

So I'm building up XP to give the Tiger H a shot thinking maybe the repositioning and speed may be worth the decrease in front armor. We'll see..

Reply hazy, ask again later
willx is offline   Reply With Quote