View Single Post
Old 2012-12-20, 06:23   Link #331
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I have my own idea for a revised rep system, if the AS Moderating staff ever decides to go back to that. I'm just throwing it out there to see what people think about it.

1) Everybody starts with 10 rep points, given automatically upon registering as a member and/or already being a member when the switchover to the new rep system happens.

2) Each posrep, no matter who it's from, counts for 2 rep points.

3) Each negrep, no matter who it's from, counts for -1 rep point.

4) A green block represents 50 rep points (once you hit 51 points or more, you get a 2nd block). 11 green blocks would hence indicate 550 rep points.

5) In every other way, the new system would be the same as the old.

What this system would mean:

A) Rep power does not change along with rep point status. This would probably cause people to not take rep points more seriously than they should. The system will just be visible enough for people to take it as a "fun game", but not important enough for people to take it overly seriously.

B) You greatly limit the degree to which "allies" repping "allies" influences rep status.

C) The system would reward having posts that appeal to a wide range of people more than posts that appeal to a limited range of people (which is not necessarily the case with the old system). I vaguely recall that part of the idea behind the old rep system was to encourage people to get out and explore the entirety of Anime Suki, and not just stick to a small corner of it. I think that this system I've thought of would encourage that even more than the old rep system did.

D) A quick and easy feedback system is maintained.