View Single Post
Old 2013-05-20, 07:48   Link #8020
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
I don't think so. It was putting the two seasons together, 50 episodes, the same length as the usual Sunrise mech series. If anything they dragged it longer than they planned as they were afraid they'd get cancelled before season 1 was even finished as nobody in Sunrise had faith in the show at first. They certainly wouldn't go above 50, as only series based on ongoing manga do that.

Plus the writer and director insist that Zero requiem, the BK betrayal and Lelouch's death was always going to be the planned ending of the show. Only the road leading to it was changed in R2.
Didn't I just said that if the producers had done a 2-part recap for Code Geass R2(Season One Flashback), they could have retained their original plans that lead to Zero's requiem? The 2-part recap episodes would not have affected the direction of the show as it would provide a crash introduction of Season One to the new audience. The remaining 2-episodes could have been packaged into a OVA series.

Like season one, I felt that season two was rushed as well as the producers had suspected that Code Geass R2 would be the end. I wished that Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion had started out as a manga series first before it even became an anime TV series.

It's good to know that Code Geass: Renya of Darkness and Code Geass: Oz the Reflection are being maintained as a manga series first before the anime is even produced. The manga usually serves as a guide for the anime to follow. It is too bad that Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion never got the opportunity to be produced as a manga series, followed by the anime series.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2013-05-20 at 08:52.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote