View Single Post
Old 2015-08-29, 13:26   Link #9
Dante of the Inferno
Turnin' the Tables

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Significant? It depends on how much you care about "muh anime" and if you're looking for the best of the best. I mean, there are still a lot of people using VLC player and they find it okay whereas I would find it blehhh. On my current setup, I'm watching 60fps anime with some pretty awesome camera panning. The past setups I've used before this (which included cccp at one time) were still watchable.

The main difference between CCCP and KCP is that KCP uses a preconfigured MadVR renderer while CCCP doesn't have any of that. MadVR is usually a bitch to setup but KCP makes the installation smooth and easy. You could even install MadVR yourself if you look up a guide and configure it to run with CCCP.

There is definitely a performance difference. Significant or not is up to you.
The performance part is what concerns me. If you're running on an older laptop, MadVR can easily bring the system to its knees. CCCP's developer specifically goes out of his way to test the software on some really basic machines in order to eke out that last bit of performance. If you've got the hardware to really rock MadVR, then people should take advantage of it.

To the OP: SMPlayer is also a great little package. The portable package can run all sorts of files from literally anywhere. If quickly returning to operational is your priority, none get you there faster than SMPlayer.