View Single Post
Old 2010-05-16, 18:06   Link #5061
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

The best guilds in the world were doing harder hours until they got the kill. After that they went back to 1-2 days a week. The main raid of the guild I'm in does 11/12 HMs in 1 night in a 4-5 hours period. And they have a rule of 3 nights max for 25 raids. If you assemble a bunch of good players, they will want to do things efficiently and most likely still have a life outside of the game. The days of burning endless hours in Blackwing Lair, Black Temple or the like is over. Going that way was killing people on the inside and burning out many players. The age of the player base has increased, many people will be out of uni/college and working and/or married if they werent already. It's a necessary shift in the setup. I still think the worst case of overplaying was the Honor system in Vanilla. People grinding GM had to be on 16 hours a day all week and in a good PVP group spamming WSG/AB non-stop. And of those who were doing it back then, most of the ones on my server on either side quit soon after. Some lessons were learnt the hard way. But Blizzard has upped the standards and quality on a continual basis. Which is why several people I know in my area who trashes World of Warcraft for the last 5 years have suddenly started playing - because Blizzard have changed things to a point where their lifestyle can fit it in now and improved the playing experience and rewards. Myself, Saturday is my main day for raiding and I do some PvP on some Sundays. I'm not in the mood to do it every night now. Heck, last week I didn't log on for 5 days then noticed I needed a new game card.