View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 03:39   Link #7143
MechR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I don't think so.

Let's take batteries for example. We have a lone battery as well as a pair of batteries. The lone battery operates at full capacity while the two other batteries are at 50% capacity. They would both last roughly as long and take roughly as long to recharge too.

Then we add second battery at 50% capacity in addition to the full capacity one. Meanwhile we charge one of the paired batteries to full capacity. Now we have 150% capacity in both pairs.

The point is that regardless of in what order the mages increase power of their 1st source and how and when they access their 2nd source is irrelevant to the end result. Sooner or later both sources of the main cast are going to be at 100% or very close to it.
I'm having some trouble following that analogy But here's how I see it:

Imagine two racecars. The faster car suddenly develops a problem and has to stop for repairs, so the second car speeds ahead and takes the lead. As soon as the first car returns to the track, it fires its nitro booster and manages to catch back up. But now it's used up its nitro, whereas the second car still has nitro in reserve. If the second car fires its nitro, it'll leave car #1 in the dust again.

(Fortunately, car #1 is faster than #2 in normal mode, so it can eventually retake the lead... if the race is long enough.)
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote