View Single Post
Old 2012-01-27, 19:55   Link #35
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Well, it was not meant to be yuri to begin with (at least that was my impressionboth after the first couple of chapter, and didn't change when that couple turn from chapters to volumes). Most of the groups that occasionally were picking it up had a very narrow interest in that genre, and making fun of their fixation isn't exactly motivational, however interesting to read

Anyway I ordered the raws, it is an interesting practice material.
I've got no idea of the details of the "troll ending", but to be honest I am actually still expecting it to be yuri. So if I'm wrong on that, correct me now.

My take on Amnesian (and Kannazuki no Miko, and Kaishaku in general) has always been that they're shounen/het friendly. Their previous works before KnM weren't yuri, and their doujin works pretty often show them to be dirty fucks just like the rest of us guys. However, I would be honestly surprised if Kaishaku gave a true "fuck you" to the ChikanexHimeko fans they made with Kannazuki no Miko. That series was practically one of my real starting points as a yuri fan, after all, and all of their other projects/cameos that followed seemed aimed at that audience. So my hope is, despite however much other trolling they throw in there, Amnesian is at least true to its original background and pairing.

The last I personally heard, payapaya scans were still planning to work on Amnesian, just lacking a translator. That was a couple months ago now, however. Still, unless you flat out confirm for me otherwise, I'm not gonna give up on this series being yuri.