View Single Post
Old 2010-03-20, 00:48   Link #52
Aethos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
I agree and I thought season 1 was perfect. Even though a lot of people who read the VN hate the anime and the DVD sales haven't been great, at least this poll shows that the majority of people on this forum thought it was good or better.

Well, if you like challenges I think that the game will provide that. No one seems to have a clear answer yet so it's absolutely not too late to join in on the fun.
Well it's not that I find reading the VN a challenge or anything, but it's just that it's not very fun to read it when I have to literally force myself through every section of the story wondering "when are they going to get on with it?!" That was my problem with episode 1 since it took forever just for things to pick up and now I'm just starting to get bored reading through episode 2. Watching the anime was just so much easier because you got the experience of seeing up to episode 4 without having to read through the more boring parts of the VNs. I don't care what people say. I thought the characters were very interesting. They were interesting enough to make me like them. I don't see how they were bland at all.

Honestly if people could watch Higurashi and like that without reading the VNs first there's no real reason at all to judge Umineko on that. Even then I would say that I found Higurashi far more interesting than Umineko anyways. Ryukishi seems to be trying to cram a lot more into each episode of Umineko considering his much larger cast. Even in the VNs I'm sure Higurashi would work much better because the cast was smaller and a lot more manageable. So it could be that I'm finding the Umineko VNs boring because he's trying to cram development for 18 characters into each episode. Which really hurts the story more than helps it.
Aethos is offline   Reply With Quote