View Single Post
Old 2009-03-27, 06:30   Link #314
Naraku

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Its great and all that Ami found resolution in herself just by knowing that Ryuuji acknowledges her for who she really is, despite not loving her. But I feel kinda sad inside at the same time.
As another person had stated these other characters were truly supporting characters, their conclusion or lack there of is not the main focus of this series.

Though I also feel a bit sorry for her, but I think it will allow her to move on and find someone who she can share true love with.

My issue is more along the lines of the time gap, they went with a whole year instead of 2 months like in the light novel.

I can see why they did this though. It allows them to show more of a closure for all of the characters since it ended with their graduation instead of the beginning of their 3rd year.

I just find it a bit heart wrenching to see Taiga and Ryujii apart from each other for so long. Specially for a couple who just recognized and acknowledged their love for one another. It really had to be painful, specially on Ryujii who didn't really get a chance to say good bye to her in person at the beginning of the gap. Of course he understood her reasons even if it was painful, he is after all the more rational guy when it comes to understanding others feelings when the facts are laid out for him.