Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-15, 05:55   Link #452
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I swear that type of Yakuman just might be one of the highest scoring hands in the whole damn game. I wonder what they're going to do to as her opposition.

It's sorta like in Bamboo Blade where it seemed like Tamaki just can't lose, ever.
Naw, that's not the highest. The highest is a double yakuman, which there are a couple ways to get:

1. Four big winds = four kongs or pungs of winds
2. Thirteen orphens where the final tile is the duplicate (13 orphens means one of every honor and terminal, plus 1 duplicate)
3. Nine Gates = 1112345678999 in one suit with the final tile being a duplicate
4. Four concealed pungs with the final tile being a unique wait (Saki didn't get the extra yakuman in ep 2 because her wait wasn't unique). Unique wait means there's only 1 tile that will finish the mahjong.

Any of these gives 2 yakuman, which if you are east, nets you 32,000 from each player for a total of 96,000 points. Of course, chances are very likely that all 3 of your opponents don't have more than 32,000 points each because you'd have to have less than 4,000 points and the other three players would have to be dead even, so a double yakuman as east pretty much ends any game immediately.

Technically there are even higher scoring hands. Since yakuman stack (I'm pretty sure), if you got one of the above on the initial 14 tiles you started with, that'd be an additional yakuman for blessing of heaven (mahjong as east on initial 14 tiles), would be a triple yakuman for like 48,000 points from each player. But it's really sort of academic since there aren't that many points in the game to begin with. You'd just win with, um... +90, I think (100,000 points).
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote