Thread: Licensed Akame ga kill [Manga]
View Single Post
Old 2012-06-20, 08:38   Link #723
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Garfield View Post
About how Night Raid can be called morally superior to Jaegar, I think the members
themselves play a role. Aside from just doing their job, how they do it and how they reflect on it can make a different. From what I've seen thus far (chap 19), NR members are more "human" than those of Jaegar in carrying their orders.
Depends who you're talking about in Jaeger as their personal backgrounds, goals and motivations differ even more than members in Nightraid do. But I also don't really expect someone like Kurome reflect much her on her killing as she been brought up, trained and conditioned not to.

In the end of day both groups kill people to achieve their goals even if their intentions differ, and are willing to harm innocents if absolutely necessary (Jaeger moreso than NR). That why NR tries avoid claiming a moral ground even if they're justified (like with the whole Seryuu/Ogre issue).

Quote:
Hearing stories and actually seeing it can be vastly different.
Of course it's not the entire reason, but if Esdese ever get a chance in this "romance", she will have to change her hobby, either by her own will or convinced by Tatsumi.
Indeed, hence why I agree that Esdese's development will progress along those lines "The taming of shrew" story that Mentar brought up. It also helps that Esdese is pretty neutral despite working for the Empire.

Quote:
Btw on another topic, does someone here find the whole "Akame vs Kurome" thing a little cliched. I mean sisters on different sides, love and kill ect...
The last thing i want from this series is a drama about their story.
The idea has certainly been before, but so as any element in fiction. What matters more is the execution and how compelling it is. Remember Akame and Kurome did work together in the past, so it's not they were like at odds with each all their life. Saying you want to kill sister because you love her is pretty unusual in itself, so I think there quite a bit interesting backstory surrounding that IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
I think it's said there are other groups? Didn't one of them get wiped out recently and I think some of the new members get transferred in from other groups later on.

My impression of NR is that it's the assassination branch of the RA and works in several small groups led by different people. The one tatsumi is in is one such group. Unless the RA only has like a couple of assassins.
Yes, Najenda mentioned a local group in Ch.11 that she had lost contact with. They apparently handle info gathering and assassinations on areas/regions outside the capital and it seems most of them were killed by the "Three Beasts".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote