View Single Post
Old 2013-07-05, 15:45   Link #197
marvelB

As far as the pacing goes.... well, it might be a little on the fast side, but it still got the essentials out of the way. Pretty much all we need to know is that a bunch of wacky kids with super high-school abilities are trapped in a school with a psychotic robot teddy bear (who has an obsession with despair) as their headmaster!

I also find the comments on the character designs interesting. Yeah, I agree that some of them are pretty crazy (though that's precisely one of the things that drew me to the series in the first place). Personally, my favorite characters are Naegi, Mondo (biker), Yamada (otaku), and Fukawa (bookworm), though I feel most of the cast are really cool in their own way. The sequel's cast is actually crazier, but that's a bridge we'll cross when we eventually reach it......

Anyways, I'm pretty much satisfied with the first episode, though as I previously said the only (really minor) gripe I have is the lack of this track from the game's OST (put the link through polsy so nobody risks coming across spoiler-filled related vids ).
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote