View Single Post
Old 2009-10-30, 15:58   Link #116
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Maybe this whole attack is just a fake or some sort of illusion, planned by Whitebeard, to motivate his men.
Nope. Not a chance. This is real, it was unexpected.

Poetic Justice
Quote:
I think whitebeard's death at this point is pretty much a given. As many others have pointed that his death is the only way for the story to move forward. And it would be poor writing if the whitebeard pirates were able to rescue Ace without a major loss.

The question is though how Whitebeard will die, I highly doubt one stab is enough to take him out, He will still be alive after rescuing ace but succumb to his injuries i think. Its a pity though, i wish we were given more background to his character in flashbacks.
I'm fairly sure we'll get more info on him eventually. I'd absolutely love to see a Flashback fight between WB & Roger. Now that'd be a fight to see.

Also, A character like Whitebeard will die a death that befits a character of his awesomeness. Although frankly, I'll NEVER acknowledge Blackbeard as being superior to Whitebeard even if he does come out victorious, because i have no doubt WB in his prime would annihilate Teach.