Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-09, 11:22   Link #5351
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

You know what? I fully support the Catholics conducting similar attacks on the mosques. This "Islam vs Christianity" religious conflict has gone a little too far, and it would be good to stoke an all out civil war to guarantee mutually assured destruction between the two religious parties.

No man, no problem. Although the Quran had explicitly stated that it is a sin to attack a place of worship of another person's religion, no matter the gravity of the opposing believer's acts. Protests are fine, but these acts certainly beyond hypocrisy.
Looks like I may have to go back to the library and check up on history. TV is not always accurate, but the majority are pointing at christianity as just as evil in the past. (Those who don't believe in god or don't fear god would be treated as heretics and killed. I wouldn't be surprised if that was used as an excuse for the Salem witch hunts.)
Problem is christianity has currently gone soft, not raising a finger to defend themselves preaching nonviolence while 3/4 of the muslims assume that everyone else (including their own who believe in other religions should not exist. I would go along the lines of a holy war and not a civil war because I don't see anything civil between 2 religions. Also it's going to be those who don't actually follow religion who might get in the way if there's a holy war.