View Single Post
Old 2010-06-11, 05:00   Link #2002
SeagullCrazy
Endless Witch-Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki
So what is the Meta-world to the Author Theory?

While being a little vague on what, Battler is shown to have some regret about certain things after he realizes the truth. More so, he accepts the position of Game Master after this. Why would he accept the position of a witch when he himself wants to deny them?

Even more, he wants to revive her throughout Episode 6? Why?
Here goes my take on this. It's heavily influenced by the Author Theory.

The Meta-World is a representation of the writers and readers. That's the premise I'm basing all of this on.
I posted an explanation on that a long time ago, here's the link: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=7255

If the Game Master gets to write each story, then Beatrice wrote EP1-4, Lambda wrote EP5, and Battler wrote EP6. Bern is apparently going to write EP7.

IMO, being a 'witch' means being a 'writer'. Someone that can change the truth around to whatever they want. Battler accepts the position of a witch because, now that he knows the truth of the game, he wants to continue writing in Beatrice's absence. He doesn't want the story to stop without a resolution. If he didn't learn the truth, no one would keep writing, and the story would be lost forever.

It's also because he knows the truth that he wants to revive Beatrice. Battler tried to 'revive' Beatrice by doing his best at writing the story like she would, but he isn't that good of a writer. That's why he was unable to revive Beatrice.

It would also be a good excuse for EP5 and EP6 being extremely short. Because Lambda and Battler were the ones writing the stories, not Beatrice, so their writing styles were different.