Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-27, 13:06   Link #549
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
The Russia is here
Nyet. They're Soviets, tovarishch. They won't be the final boss though. If we go by the character page on the official website, the order of Oorai's opponents should be:

(Col ) Sanders - M3 Light tank (?), M4 Medium tank
Anzio - M14/41 (?), M15/42 (?)
Pravda - T-34/85, IS-2
Team Maho - Tiger I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
IS-2 was actually designed to be light for a heavy tank as well. Something to do with the armour layout IIRC...
I'm not sure what you mean since the IS-2 has about the same level of protection as a Tiger I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So more trivia, this time from another forum who saw the post on the girl's birthdays and favorite tanks:
Quote:
As for the Birth days it seems to be their taken from the start dates of...
Miho = Operation Lightfoot (AKA Second Battle of El Alamein)
Saori = Operation Barbarossa (German Invasion of Russia)
Hana = Operation Wacht am Rhein (Battle of the Bulge)
Yukari = Operation Overlord (D-Day, allied invasion of occupied France)
Mako = Operation Fall Weiss (Case White, German Invasion of Poland)
They're missing most of the good ones. I'm not expecting August 9 for a couple of obvious reasons, but you'd think that tank heads would at least remember July 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znail View Post
"balance of firepower, mobility and armor"are the deffinition of a medium tank, not weight. That is why the Pather at around 50 tons are still called a medium tank as it was built with that idea in mind. The Tiger on the other hand, like most heavy tanks give up mobility to boost armor and firepower and is thus around half as fast as the not that much lighter Panther.
The tank classes are dependent on nationality and tank doctrine, but they can be summed up fairly succintly:

Light tanks - designed for recon and screening roles.
Medium tanks - general purpose AFVs designed to do a bit of everything while being inexpensive enough to field in large number.
Heavy tanks - meant to breakthrough enemy defenses by virtue of heavy armor.

The large differences between the Tiger and Panther are due to their being envisioned for quite different purposes. Although an 10-ton difference is quite large when you consider the power of the engines and all the transmission and suspension work needed for the heavier beast.

Main battle tanks made all of the other classifications obsolete because they could perform pretty much any role other tanks can. The only job you wouldn't really use an MBT for is reconaissance; and that's because it would be a waste of resources rather than for a lack of ability.

The Panther is thought of as the predecessor of the main battle tank because it has most of their attributes while the Centurion is the first true main battle tank.