View Single Post
Old 2011-10-15, 17:07   Link #82
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
I don't get what Yuri was trying to achieve by hindering Ringo's efforts into following the diary earlier on though. She obviously knew what was in it considering she was there on the exact time and location with Tabuki on every single instance. Was she trying to make her grow over Tabuki to take her for herself? Or was she trying to condition her into becoming so obsessed with becoming Momoka that she would pretty much never give up? And given that she already knew the content of the diary, why would she steal the diary? Does that mean she knows about the penguindrum yada yada?

Oh and the best part about the episode was Esmeralda forcing Meganekko cosplay pics of hers onto #1. Absolutely hilarious.
Tabuki was most likely -and still is in her mind- her number one rival for Momoka's affection. Why did she hinder Ringo's efforts? Jealousy, simple as that. She is convinced that she is Momoka/Ringo's soul mate, so it's obvious she'd want to prevent her from doing anything with Tabuki. Momoka is hers and hers alone.

I have no clue how her current actions fit the content of the diary though. That might just be her being delusional.

& yeah, Esmeralda is awesome. I laughed so hard when she pulled out those photographs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nina.Wolken View Post
Sanetoshi states that other kids than Himari need the medicine, hence the price is rising. By stopping Kanba's transaction, she wants to make sure he doesn't have the money to pay for the elixir. Which is perfect for her : more elixir for Mario ; Himari's death would hopefully free Kanba from his obsession and make him available for her (or so she hopes) ; Kanba would stop his shady work for the Kiga group (she tries to protect him).
She has at least 3 good reasons to stop Kanba from dealing with those men, but even if she does her maximum, I doubt she manages to save him. That guy is literally ready to die for Himari .
She was willing to give Kanba as much money as he needs, so I'd rule out for the first two reasons. As twisted as she might be, I believe she truly loves him and just wants to protect him (and to keep him all for herself, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I had the exact thought too. There doesn't seem to be any kind of real love between Tabuki and Yuri. Momoka on the other hand was a real player to have so many people falling for her >_>
I was thinking the same thing

It sounds like she was a female version of Sanetoshi, which perfectly fits what he said in the previous episode about her being the only person in the world similar to him.