View Single Post
Old 2012-07-11, 18:38   Link #3629
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Done with Maya's route in Hatsukoi 1/1.
For me personally, one of the strongest routes in this VN. Sure, their relationship started out a bit strange (imho) because the confession happened in the heat of moment, but it grew to a very strong bond between Yuuma and Maya during the course which allowed Maya to become more fragile in front of him and Yuuma to enforce his resolve - to protect her - multiple times. As expected her route dealt with her movie past and pushed it heavily at times in the present time. And while her drama took also its time it hadn't the head-banging effect as a few other routes provoked. A few drama moments seemed a bit too much for my liking, but tolerable.
As for her ending:
Spoiler for Maya Ending:

But, be it as it is, the ending worked out of course, so it's okay

That leaves me with Kyou's route and afterwards to look for something else (older and lately-released ones)

Edit:
Done with Kyou's route and thus finished Hatsukoi 1/1
To my pleasant surprise I found that Kyou's route had the most harmless drama. Whereas I had the urge to punch something in annoyment during other girl's drama parts, Kyou's drama didn't invoke this kind of negative emotions which by itself can be seen as a good thing . As expected her drama dealt with her reason why she has taken a break from the girl basketball club and how to "motivate" her to re-think her opinion. Yuuma was actually somewhat proactive which was another nice-to-see point.
Personal conclusion: Hatsukoi 1/1 could have been an amazing sugary-sweet VN if not for the dragged-out drama's in 3 from 5 routes AND those dramas were at times painful to read (= provoked the "wrong" emotions). The rabu-rabu moments in Midori and Yukino's route were great, but the drama afterwards destroyed this mood with a giant hammer (might be extremely forumlated by me).
Furthermore Yuuma's character was somewhat inconsistent because he was much, much better during Maya's and Kyou's routes in terms of usefulness. In exchange the rabu-rabu outside of h-scenes were in those two routes a bit "toned down" IMHO where Maya's moments were I think more frequent than Kyou's.

To move on: In my search for new food I have had to go back to either VNs I put back or I already played, but am willing to replay. I'm trying yuzusoft's Bra-Ban (<3 Sumi + her route has been quite sad. Made you wish you could b!tchslap those annoying bully-girls out of town). Given the launched KoiChoco anime, which I haven't watched yet, I might replay the VN as well on top of D.C III

Last edited by Mahou; 2012-07-14 at 17:00.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote