View Single Post
Old 2012-03-07, 12:21   Link #24
marvelB

Yep, this was an awesome chapter, all right. Funny that I wasn't the only one who thought of Brownbeard when the centaur boss appeared. Still, I doubt that it's him (if he's even still alive, he was probably taken in by Hawkins or else got taken in by the marines). Also interesting to see that those gas mask guys are also mutants, after all. So apparently they're sheep/goat men? Actually, that kinda reminds me of those goat-people from Eneru's militia in the Skypiea arc. Could they possibly be related....?

As for Law becoming a warlord, that doesn't really surprise me. I figured that either he or Kidd would get the position some time during the skip. It's interesting that we're seeing him so soon after Luffy and co. entered the New World, though. Anyways, I still sort of doubt that he'll end up being an enemy (at least for now). My guess is that he's at PH for similar reasons as Smoker (penetrating the mysteries of the island).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, in Robin's imagination Ussop is her "raft" carrying her across the sea. And he is clearly very happy to be her raft .
Yeah, that was actually one of my favorite parts of the chapter, too. Well, even if Usopp wouldn't let Robin ride him while he swims through scalding hot water, I'd bet Sanji would agree to it in a heartbeat.

BTW, it was also cool to see Brooke holding his own against the samurai's torso. Though I'm sort of thinking that the samurai's power was cut down due to being split apart. Once he's been reconnected, who knows how much stronger he'll become.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Solid/Liquid/Gassy Logia, did you guys notice that?

We've pretty much been saying that since last chapter, but yeah, it certainly would seem that the "master" of PH is some sort of gas-type logia. Part of me wonders if he's ALSO a new shichibukai, like Law....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
But why did he even become a Shichibukai? What does he gain by this position? Especially when we consider, that the Shichibukai are only active in the first half of the grand line.

Uh, have you already forgotten about Blackbeard? It's quite likely that Law chose to become a warlord in order to achieve whatever goals he has in mind that would have been more difficult for him if he merely remained an outlaw. I mean, if Teach could gain the government's favor just so he could bust a bunch of criminals out of jail, why can't Law use the government to his benefit, as well? I mean, he even said himself right before the skip happened that he was in no rush to find the One Piece.....

Oh, and as paradox13 already said, the shichibukai only being active in the GL's first half is complete BS. The ENTIRE Grand Line is pretty much their playground, not just Paradise alone. Just because we haven't seen any of them in the NW at the time doesn't mean that access was restricted for them (though islands like PH would obviously be an exception, as Smoker pointed out this very chapter).

Edit: Oh, and I guess people had also forgotten about Moria, who was ALSO after the OP even though he was already a shichibukai.