View Single Post
Old 2009-06-20, 06:56   Link #104
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I could honestly wish I was even half the man Akira was. It takes balls the size of the sun to man it up, take the blame onto yourself and do everything you can just to save some ungrateful lives. You don't find a lot of men like that these days sadly.

As for Ohsugi, well he's just transformed into the very symbol of the ungrateful and gossiping lives of Japan Akira tried to save, the very same people who seem to be content at letting others do the dirty work for them but easily shout the curses when they don't exactly do a perfect job. Thanks Ohsugi for putting things into perspective!

I think I know the reason as to why Akira chose to use the help of the NEETs in shooting down the missles both times rather than do it himself: It's likely because he's trying to prove that a group of people can work together to help their nation rather than having only a single person do it all the time. When you think about it it's illogical to recruit masses of people when he has enough money to have it done. However, it becomes clear when you have a bigger reason for wanting people involved. Akira is trying to prove that it isn't only men with money or power like him who can change the nation. The NEETs are symbolic of people who seem to have no function in society, but by using them he's proving that the very social outcasts society has helped create are the very same people who have the power of change.

Akira is essentially making a counterpoint to the rest of the complacent Japanese society by making such a large ironic statement, that the useless members of society would and could ultimately save it!

As for the prince in a kingless land... well I have this inkling that it's supposed to be a Biblical reference of some sort, with a tie-up between the terms Messiah and Prince. From a Biblical prespective it is possible to liken Japan to Israel during the days after the birth of Christ. Israel was essentially a kingless land with no true successor to the house of David under the Romans. Jesus Christ is called the Son of God and therefore similar to the position of a prince (I'd discuss the nature of the Trinity but that's not important) to the King that is Jehova. I'm not sure which passages state it but there are instances where Jesus is likened to be He who is to ascend the throne of Jerusalem as the King of the Jews. This is not really meant politically but more of a moral leadership standpoint.

As a prince to a kingless land, Akira is being likened to a someone who we can somehow interpet from his own words, someone who seems forced to take the helm of a society who has no directional leader (hence a kingless land) to take it out of it's socioeconomic rut.