View Single Post
Old 2008-12-16, 01:42   Link #15
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
There are some things i don't get, i hope someone can answer this.
Earlier the fire mage said they pretended to be enemies of Index cos they are tired of her forgetting them. It gives the impression that they have done it a few times. But later, he said he is her partner 2 years ago. It means its only once. That will rendered the enemy excuse rather lame. So which is more correct?

Also, why do the church let Index wander about. She doesn't do anything at all. If she is just a container then why not let her go into extended sleep. Pretty sure magic could do that. And of all places, why the academy city. The science guys and mage guys are not exactly buddies right?
So you have a cute and likable girl as the wealth of your magical knowable, in order to protect her you in place a steady flow of replaceable agents that are are only told enough to make them into protectors of whats in her head.

The yearly memory wipe is to keep help quite,her "friends" in the dark and all and loyal to the church, the problem is she bolted from them and they gave chase leading her to name them enemy.

With the 2ndry level of protection she has the er..."automated personalty" I do not think you could easily lock her up...also having an active mind/body is important to maintaining the archive...but I can only guess.