Thread: Moshidora (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2011-04-27, 22:54   Link #71
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipodi View Post
There is nothing implausible about using management theories for those who are in charge of an organization- any organization. Ultimately, management is about increasing productivity. Haven't you tried to manage your school work and extracurricular activities? Juggling between the two requires management. Haven't you tried to get people to work on a group project together? Doing so requires management.

As I mentioned in my earlier post, management theories are applicable to everyday life (e.g., setting objectives; integrity; not selling what you want to sale but knowing what people need). The book and this anime series captured this point extremely well.
Yes yes. I know people use management in their everyday lives. Baseball managers pretty much have the word "manage" in their occupation title.

My implausibility stems in the level of success of such management. I have the feeling our main character will be quite successful in her ventures, but realistically speaking, a baseball player turned baseball manager usually doesn't find success by reading business management books. Managers are more concerned with sports strategy and tactics - which I admit business management may address. I can easily see business management helping the team, but I don't see it being a deciding factor which leads an already unsuccessful team into the next champions.

Seriously, how many high school girls have business management books in their library? Beyond the success aspect, there's the disbelief of a schoolgirl actually wanting to apply management theory. Attaining the book is not my problem here. It's the main character actually having an interest in management theory. I admit my own bias: If the premise seems so unlikely, then I want the entire world to be set in fantasy. Yet Moshidora has a very unlikely premise, but it's completely possible.

In spite of my last paragraph, I am willing to accept a high school girl following business practices only actual businesses would be concerned with. Every anime needs something special to be special. Ultimately, I hope this anime doesn't go the route of "management theory solves every problem, even failing baseball teams can win." I'm pretty ruthless with educational anime, so bear with me.

I see the novel was published after Drucker's death; I wonder if the novelist got the okay from whoever is in charge of Drucker's books.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote