View Single Post
Old 2008-09-16, 16:20   Link #209
neothe0ne

modified slightly:
Quote:
Mux the VFR h264 to an mkv (I find mkvmerge from the mkvtoolnix is easiest), then use “mkv2vfr” from the Haali splitter (should be included in CCCP installation) to output an avi (delete this) and a timecode txt file.

then tc2cfr from the avi_tc_package and use command
tc2cfr 120000/1001 [input vfr].avi [timecodes from mkv2vfr].txt [out compressed work raw].avi

Not sure if this is the method you came up with that would make encoding XviD take 8 hours longer, but I don’t think it should be too time-consuming. Just the above steps should only take 3 minutes tops. After which you can use your avs scripts or w.e you do to mux in subtitles and convert to 29.97fps.

[also, wtf vfr avi? just grab Shinsen raws, they’re also vfr but they’re in the mp4 container which makes processing easier (I think)]
I don't see what's wrong with what I posted on your site shortly after you released 22. Of course, I'm not a fansub encoder, but I do this to rip out OP and RAW sequences from mp4 files for my StepMania files and have never encountered any problems with it.