View Single Post
Old 2011-09-06, 19:25   Link #42
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Everyone has it as told to us time and again (all the girls remember stuff from the other world lines), only that Okabe's is stronger than everyone elses.
And just because you explain people have the ability doesn't explain the ability itself. I can tell you gravity exists everywhere in the universe, I can even tell you that it always follows the same rules and is stronger for some things than for others but unless I tell you why it exists or how it works I haven't actually explained it now have I?

Sure the show has told us everyone has the Reading Steiner and that Okabe for some reason has a stronger sense of it than most other people yet we still don't know why it exists or how it works. Get it?

Now I won't complain since I'm happy with things as they stand. If they went and tried to explain how the reading steiner works we would probably end up with stuff like (athos forbid) midichlorians ruining what's otherwise a great story.

/rant

As for the episode I found it very good indeed aside from some hiccups in the animation near the end there when Okabe was back in his mad scientist mode but since it was a complex "camera angle" and the rest of the episode was all kinds of awesome I'll let it slide.

With Katanagatari under their belt and now the amazing product that Steins;Gate is turning out to be White Fox is starting to rank pretty high on my personal ranking of animation studios, I better start paying attention to what comes out of them each season.