View Single Post
Old 2008-08-10, 14:00   Link #5
Wisshard
Ser Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And I never said that Haki would make fighting Logias easier...
Yeah true, I was more responding to some thoughts regarding Haki in the "Chapter 510 Manga" thread. Didn't mean to critize your post. I apologize if you took it that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
am beginning to think that "Haki" may even be the pivotal factor as to how to defeat Doflamingo in a fight. I have tried to conjure up a possible weakness for this villain but he seems to be practically invincible in a one on one fight considering that he can just stay back and control his opponent rendering them absolutely helpless and at his mercy. Since "Haki" can be described as the expulsion of one's strong will or ambition, it can attack from quite a distance as we have seen and this would be a good way to contend with Doflamingo in long-range fights.
As of now we don't know much about Doflamingos power, it looks to be a Devil Fruit power and as you said he seems to be practically invincible in a one on one fight. But there is the possibility that you can resist his controll with your willpower, and Luffy has plenty of that. We don't even know if his controll powers is his primary fighting style, maybe it is like Mr. 2 Bon Kurei's Clone Clone fruit. So far we have only seen Doflamingos controll powers used on "weak" people, so we don't know if it's useable on someone with strong willpower, maybe he use something else when he is really fighting by himself.
Wisshard is offline   Reply With Quote