View Single Post
Old 2007-07-02, 22:21   Link #83
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
On another forum, someone speculated something I find interesting and carrying some probability:
I tend to agree with this assessment, but I also think he has problem with comedic timing. He can't seemed to place his punchline very well and all the jokes flows like a single narrative. I also thought he should have begin with something which gives us more background on the girls for those who has never followed the manga. I think this all pointed to his removal.

I also tend to believe this though - public dismissal like this is RARE in Japanese companies unless it involved saving face for someone else. Meaning, you would only do this only if it makes another party happy. I really don't see that here. If this is really a dismissal, there won't be such a public statement and such an overt statement; thing will get glossed over or another excuse will be made up for it. The whole annoucement sounds like a joke. Yamamoto may have creative disagreement with either the sponsors or possibly the author, and decided to quit the project. I'm almost certain he wasn't let go from the project due to incompetence. No major apology to anyone was followed either; the whole thing smelled like a red herring. I think it's KyoAni screwing with the fans again.