Old 2010-01-12, 20:11   Link #1
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Ore no Imouto - Light Novel & Manga Discussion Thread

Light Novel Cover

Manga Cover

Synopsis: Wikipedia
Quote:
Kyōsuke Kōsaka, a normal seventeen-year-old high school student, has not gotten along with his younger sister Kirino in years. For longer than he can remember, Kirino has ignored his comings and goings and looked at him with spurning eyes. It seemed as if the relationship between Kyōsuke and his sister, now fourteen, would continue this way forever. One day however, Kyōsuke finds a DVD case of a magical girl anime entitled Hoshikuzu Witch Meruru (星くず☆うぃっちメルル?, Stardust Witch Meruru) which had fallen in his house's entrance way. To Kyōsuke's surprise, inside the case is a hidden adult video game titled Imōto to Koishiyo! (妹と恋しよっ♪?, Love with Little Sister!). Kyōsuke attempts to fish out the culprit who dropped the case...
Current Novel Translations
Himatsubushi

Current Manga Scanslations
DBR via Mangahelpers

Characters: (Pictures from Himatsubushi website)

Kousaka Kirino
The titular character of the series. 14 years old and works part time as a model, which is a no brainer considering how pretty she is described. I guess Tsundere is the best word to describe her, though her dere side is pretty much nonexistent at this point.

Kousaka Kyousuke
Main protagonist. If Kirino is the Haruhi, Kyousuke is the Kyon of the series. A bit more spineless than Kyon, but his occasional snide remarks in his head is priceless. So much so that the manga does not do it justice because it simply cannot depict all his thoughts. Since he has a real little sister, he just cannot comprehend all the otaku-stuff that has wish-fulfillment to 'loving' your little sister, which is half of the amusing stuff that goes on in the book.

Tamura Manami
The plain Jane osananajimi of Kyousuke in the same year. Very smart, yet a bit air-headed. If I have to say, her relationship with Kyousuke is very much akin to Misao/Tomo in Asura Cryin'; a little bit of teasing here and there from both sides, but its obvious from the get go that they're the best of friends.

General Opinion:
I actually liked the characters most about this series; I dunno, but I find them to be more 'real' than your typical anime/manga/light novel character. From Kirino's insecurities to Kyou vehemently against siscon tendencies to Manami's sincerity, it's just like you took these people from real life and just plopped them into the situation in the story (which to be fair, is really out there lol). Overall, a recommend read, especially the novel version.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote