View Single Post
Old 2010-07-27, 21:54   Link #30
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
A never ending anime like One Piece or Naruto muhaha! Theres little chance of 3rd season, I mean Haruhi Suzumiya has a bigger fan base, yet theres still no season 3, but we can only hope and wish
SHnY got a movie. A very long movie. Given how much of the source material there remains to animate, and given the fact that Haruhi is still a cash-cow, there will be a third season. Just not until after KyoAni finishes K-ON!! and the next project I believe they've got coming down the pipe.

K-ON!!, on the other hand, while it's an enormously profitable cash-cow . . . there simply isn't that much source material; and the anime will have caught up with all of it before the end of this season. There's also only so much fuwa fuwa moe-time the audience can take before it collectively enters a diabetic coma and dies. As there will be something like forty total episodes of K-ON! when all is said and done; I would not be surprised if, by the end of the season, the consensus will be that, perhaps, a twenty-six episode second season might've been a bit much.