View Single Post
Old 2010-11-22, 19:26   Link #118
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
I got into Bakuman recently, and it's probably influenced me, but... Seriously? Kirino writes something that sounds like really bad fanfiction, and it gets made into anime? It made it pretty hard for me to sympathize with anyone involved.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking the entire time, but there is some really, really, really fucking awful stuff out there nowadays so it's not entirely unrealistic. It's a given that her story is still pure dog shit, but there's a market for people who like dog shit.

As for this episode, I don't understand what I'm supposed to be getting out of this.

If the brother actually hates Kirno but is dead set on the 'but I'm her brother' angle then it sounds like an act out of obligation, not out of love, belief, or what have you. That's pandering to appearances and horribly superficial. Hell, it demoralizes everything he's apparently done on her behalf up to now. Whatever, I'll tell myself he's lying out of his ass, I don't really care anymore. Kirino is still a giant bitch and I just want a bit more development out of her relationship with her brother (or for her to get run over by an 18 wheeler).

I watch anime because I tend to fall in love with characters, and that in turn makes me happy to tag along to see what happens them, regardless of how shitty or amazing the journey may be. I've loved characters in the past that were the epitome of bitch (Flay from Gundam Seed) but Kirno actually manages to rub me the wrong way entirely. I'd greet her with the business end of a shotgun at this point, she deserves a blow to the head regardless of her age, naivety, whatever.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!