View Single Post
Old 2012-09-07, 19:06   Link #190
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
And he's not exactly emotionless à la Itachi. His attitude is arrogant, taunting--almost playful. More like Oro.
I didn't see it that way, especially against Konoha and Minato. Of course he had his "Tobi is a good boy" acting, but when he gets serious he doesn't do stupid things like those who act out of hate or are "playful" like Orochi. Orochi died because of his stupid arrogance and "playfulness", while Tobi never even risked anything until now. I know that the mask can hide his emotions, and when Sasuke kill Danzou and betrays Karin we see his eye smiling, so can show some emotions. What i mean by brain washing is that i can't really imagine Obito becoming the Tobi who did fight Minato just a couple of years after his "death" without some serious brain washing being involved. He was supposed to be just a teenager at that time, as opposed to the current events where there has already passed enough time so that a complete change in personality could happen. But i might be completely wrong if we look at how Sasuke was changed by Kishimoto in just a few years, and just recently when he met Itachi he changed again. Sasuke was a very much like madman, driven only by his hatred, his actions being dumbed down. But now he is acting in a very smart way, he is seeking answers to his questions, and it seems he is developing his evil logic about the world and people just now. So if Obito underwent all this in the same amount of time as Sasuke then it is possible that he became such cold blooded killer for whom only his plan is important. We will see Sasuke's new personality soon, if we see that he begins to act logically and so does not want to kill Naruto before everyone else he wants to kill then he really changed like Obito. In that state of his mind he shouldn't even care about Naruto, and regard Naruto just as any other obstacle he has to overcome, just like Tobi regarded Minato and Kakashi just obstacles, not even bothering telling them anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Madara said that he planned on having Nagato eventually resurrect him using the Rinnegan. It was never stated when he actually died.
If i remember correctly he stated that he died a short time after he unlocked the rinnegan. So it can't be that he gave away his eyes to Nagato and then lived another 10 years to meet with Obito. By the time Obito "died" Madara already had to be dead. So the timeline doesn't make sense if Tobi is just Obito. Or am i missing something (not time travel of course ) ?
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote