Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-15, 02:25   Link #1303
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well, she is presently the honarable enemy. In the original series they let the pilot(s) they captured go (they offered the Cometine pilot a place in their crew after the turn of events). Judging by Yamamoto, Nambu, Shima, and to some extent Kodai's reactions, the resentment towards Gamilas will be something to overcome (much like it was for Kodai in the original).

She has two things going for her right now. One: she has some different story about how the war stated (I am curious about her take on things).
Two: She is the Fleet Admiral's daughter. If there was anyway to worm Yamato's way into the heart of the Empire, it would be because the Admiral of the Fleet is on their side on at least some level. Goer's friendly fire should come out at some point, as well as the Admiral's daughter having survived (otherwise I am not sure way they would keep her for another episode, as Captain Lang gave the honorable commander position in Episode 10).

They also get her out of that flight suit it seems as there is a scene were you can see more of her neck, which you can't see as much of in her flight suit.

Yamato's crew is getting a different picture of their hated enemy. The blue skinned human looked enemy. Before there were the unknown aliens who used robots, spaceships, and planet bombs for almost all contacts. Though obviously the two parties exchanged words enough times for not only Analyser to know Gamilan, but also that the Kirishima could be asked to surrender at Pluto by the Gamilas fleet.

There of course is the other few things to consider. One is Hilde, Schultz daughter and what her role will be in this series. And Two....Dommel's wife. You don't introduce something like that unless it serves a purpose.

The one things I am seriously lacking....knowing what was said in the trailer (no subtitles) I can guess based on a limited knowledge of Japanese I've picked up watching anime, but that is extremely limited...plus sometimes the Gamilas are speaking in their own language with Japanese subtitles, and I know I can't read Japanese at all.

(Side note: The subspace dimentional submarine on the surface effect is now red instead of a greenish blue. The dimentional pocket they are in is still the greenish blue color though)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-12-15 at 03:14.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote