View Single Post
Old 2012-03-19, 19:52   Link #9
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I think the romance factor will be the hardest to include.

Forsaken Infinity recommends the excellent Bakeneko, Mononoke and Monster, but romance really isn't a part of any of these. Nina might have a bit of crush on Dr. Tenma in Monster, and Kayo is similarly struck by the Apothecary in Bakeneko and Mononoke (who wouldn't be?), but neither of these rises to the level of a romance. Some of the Apothecary stories have romantic and sexual themes, but the main characters are not themselves romantically inclined.

Regardless you should still watch all three of these shows, since they are among the best anime series I've watched over the past decade. I nearly always shed a tear during the final episode of Bakeneko.

Ghost Hound has a touch of romance, but it's more of a "puppy love" relationship given the age of the characters (he's 13, and she's 10).

I hesitate to recommend Narutaru, but there are couples in that show. In keeping with the general tone of the story, I don't recall any of the relationships being healthy ones, though.

I'll also suggest Boogiepop Phantom, though again the romances are muted. It's on my rewatch list since I don't think I ever really understood what was going on the first couple of times I watched it. (I have similar feelings about Paranoia Agent.)

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2012-03-19 at 20:03.