Thread: Akb48
View Single Post
Old 2012-03-24, 21:49   Link #95
Undertaker

True, but it's kind of inevitable. The media members are not going away, and if they are now pushing the next wave, the mid-level members are due to end up as casualties.

Only good thing is that member like Sayaka (I'm assuming you are talking about Akimoto here) has sub-groups like DIVA that they can fallback on and really, with the way the their workload is right now, even those mid members that was left off has plenty of other jobs to do.

As for NMB, either way, their alse right now is tons better than when AKB debuted or even SKE for that matter. And their sales are still increase for past three year. Really at worst, Osaka is big enough to support it even if they flap. Just like that Tokyo could support AKB even 4 years ago when they haven't gain mainstream fans.

Only problem with that was the members and Akimoto were aiming at much higher ground back then...

As for the stage size. I won't be too worried about it, AKB are at a point where it can still sell itself without too much media pushing it and this single even have votes in them. Besides, the main music shows like Music Station and such all have big enough stage as well as their golden hour variety show, Naruhodo HS. And I'm sure they'll have a simplified formation of like 15-25 if stage really is a concern.

But it does seem that their single releases trend is now set in stone since its pretty stays in the same pattern since 10年櫻 (10nen Sakura). It's been basically:

Graduation Song => Swimsuit/Summer Song => Poll Rank Song => Dance Song => Jankan Song.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-24 at 22:00.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote