View Single Post
Old 2008-11-03, 11:35   Link #1050
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by demon_god04 View Post
We are talking about something like a pinky swear which is different from physically tasting something repulsive to you like food. And one of our biological traits is that we have no instinct (genetically coded complex pattern of behaviour) and in it's place we have the ability to learn complex patterns of behaviour, which is why homo sapien sapiens rely on culture as an adaptive means.

People's behavioral patterns can change through time based on experiences, if said experience was traumatic enough to make one lose his memories then I'd think it would stand to reason that there is some change in him as well. And who knows it could be that the reason he was more receptive of a pinky swear now is because he has a fond memory of it after he lost his childhood memories.
True but its tough to tell without a little more information on what Luke's personality was like before the kidnapping. My initial response to the pinky swear was to watch Natalia's expression afterwards and her memory of what happened in the past. Granted its not enough to go on so its really hard to make a good call on it. The only way i can see Luke being completely different would be if his mind was completely wiped and he experienced new memories over time that molded his new personality.

What good experience would he have to use a pinky promise?

Either way the truth is going to be really interesting when we find out whats really going on.