View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 19:49   Link #4
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

First to give it lower than a 7. 6/10 from me.

The series was good in terms of what we were treated to in the previous season content-wise, but this season left a bad taste in my eyes. After I realized that most of the animation was a direct 1 : 1 adaptation with the manga panels, I felt like I was watching a manga, not an anime, which made some scenes incredibly awkward, and sometimes even painful to watch (for instance, ep 10 when Hayate was surprised to see Hina). And at other times, it felt like some of the better jokes were killed because J.C. Staff doesn't seem to know how to work those dramatic line flashing backgrounds (or just backgrounds during jokes in general).

Both OPs were pretty boring; Wonder Wind especially, since it lacked... life. It felt boring compared to what the other Hayate OPs were like. The second OP was decent I guess, I just don't like it because I actually don't like KOTOKO at all. The EDs were fine though. I just wish the last ED was just Hayate singing, or Hayate + Maria.

The voice acting is great though; I love the Hayate no Gotoku voice cast. The majority of the characters have good VAs, so I have no problems there.

All in all, the series was good. Nothing too special, since it suffers from a strange circumstance where the season needed to cover quite a bit of actual plot-content, which meant that the charm of Hayate in manga form (at least, for me) had to be left out.