View Single Post
Old 2011-11-08, 22:40   Link #119
Yuutsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
3) Gil has more than just Swords: he has a silly amount of weapons AND shields alike, while Archer can only trace Swords and Rho Aias, the latter being much more prana expensive.
Actually, EMIYA (and therefore by extension, Shirou) can summon a variety of armaments. During his fight with Gilgamesh in the UBW storyline (near the end of the arc), there was an instance where he (Shirou) traced all the weapons he saw Gilgamesh draw from GoB. I believe this event was reflected in the movie, too.

Moreover, Shirou can definitely trace defensive gear beyond Rho Aias; however, it is at the cost of taking thrice the mana (prana?) that it would normally take for him to summon if it were a sword. This I can testify as I have gone through all 3 arcs of the visual novel.

I also quickly browsed the wiki and saw these two interesting quotes:

"It contains all of the raw materials and sorcery needed for the formation of the weapons, and it records and analyzes all weapons and defensive armaments encountered. The number of unique weapons encountered and recorded by Emiya exceeds numerous thousands, most of which are Noble Phantasms,"

"Close combat weapons such as swords, spears, and halberds are the main focus of the Reality Marble in accordance with Shirou's Origin of "Sword", which also makes it impossible to record or reproduce modern weaponry like guns and other mobile weapons. Shields and defensive armaments can be reproduced with a much greater struggle, as the cost in prana is high, two or three times greater than a sword, and the effects are merely transient compared to the originals".

Obvious any wiki should be taken with a grain of salt, but I've found the Type-Moon wikia to be not so bad in its accuracy.
Yuutsu is offline   Reply With Quote