View Single Post
Old 2008-08-19, 15:34   Link #2203
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orga777 View Post
I don't hate Lelouch actually. I hate fans of Lelouch that hold him as some paragon of truth when in fact, he isn't.
Lelouch is a paragon of truth!!!!

That aside, it does not change the fact that the Order's deal with Schneizel, at least the one that Ougi bartered for, is short sighted from a tactical and militaristic point of view. Which, I suppose is not so much Ougi's fault as it is his inexperience with being an actual leader and the underlying concepts of war. Treaties are meaningless when, two episodes prior, the Emperor declared that the winner would gain the world. It is a mental fallacy to think that, once Britannia removes its greatest thorn, it will somehow leave Japan alone as it takes over the world. Once Britannia rules the world, treaties mean nothing.

It was a noble effort with a good cause but done in the worst circumstances and by far one of the dumbest transactions in military history in Code Geass. But it wasn't their fault, they were just played by Schneizel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
As for Villeta She means more than japan to him not necessarily a bad thing just not my cup of tea.
The only person this is actually true for is Kallen in regards to Lelouch as Ougi was bartering for Japan. Which, I suppose balances everything out because Lelouch will not be truly alone.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote