View Single Post
Old 2008-09-07, 08:25   Link #12
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
Yeah I was using that but from the sound of things it seems like I missed quite alot then?
Quite a bit, yeah. The FC one just basically listed how the chapters ended half the time rather than all the stuff that led up to them, and SC's had most of the important stuff but did skip things. And of course there's nothing for 3rd.

Quote:
You mentioned the Star Door's a few times, what are they? I sorta assume they were those giant glowy doors in the 3rd which I've occasionally seen in videos. (Haven't finished 3rd, its abit hard when you're illiterate)
Yeah, those. There are 3 types distinguished by what symbol they have on them - sun doors are minigames, moon doors are long flashbacks, star doors are shorter ones. The star doors have some really interesting information in them, though, the most interesting of which is the 14th, "The Phantom Flame Project", which shows Campanella giving a report to all the Uroboros pillars and the descent of the often referred to 'leader'. Others include information on the salt pillar incident in the Northern Barrier that they developed the weapon Kevin used on Weismann at the end of SC from, all Pater Mater's statistics including all the results from those who attempted to sync with it before her (basically a long list of 'heart attack', 'went insane, had to be silenced' 'no effect' over and over), and of course Renne's backstory itself that she hinted at near the end of SC and they had to edit in the PSP version because of either console restrictions or they didn't want to rate it higher than a 12 She's really a lot more of a sympathetic character after reading it.

Quote:
Also I got the impression Kevin did something to upset some people at one point but I didn't quite catch what it was. Makes me wish I could understand since it seemed like he was hiding alot of his personality throughout the story behind his laid backness.
The gist of it is that he was using everyone in SC to catch Weismann, even when he came across as their ally and friend. He actually goes up to Joshua and tells him to the effect of 'You know that time Estelle got kidnapped and taken to the Glorius and you were all worried sick? Yeah, I knew that'd happen. I wanted it to happen, because it holed him in and made the whole incident easier to sort out.' or something like that. It's probably a testiment to just how much Joshua has matured by then that he doesn't flip out on hearing this. Ries, on the other hand, is just annoyed with him because he's keeping everything locked in. You pretty much forgive him when you find out what happened to him as a kid though. The music that plays during that bit and Renne's flashback (Staircase to Purgatory) seems to have been nicknamed 'trauma' by Japanese fans, heh.

Quote:
Sort of confused there, at first I assumed what you meant was Kevin could intercept Weissman's command and pretend like it didn't work. But now it sounds like what you meant is he sort of laid out a trap for Weissman so activating it at that point caused the mark to dissappear? Is that right?
Kinda. I suppose this analogy will do... Imagine it like the stigma being a load of program code. Kevin wasn't able to delete it entirely, but he could add 'If Joshua attempts to kill Estelle, destroy mark' to the bottom. If Weismann had made him kill everyone else instead of her, he would've done it. But the little group who were in on it (Cassius, Kevin, Joshua) suspected he'd make him go straight for her and they bet everything on it.

Quote:
On a sidenote I rather like Riese.
I liked her sister better. The bit where she finds Kevin on the street refusing to eat and mouth-to-mouth forcefeeds a chocolate to him was completely unexpected.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote