View Single Post
Old 2008-10-06, 12:14   Link #92
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
Well, is it all that surprising that the major characters in the series get the most development?
I do want to disagree that those characters are the only ones with development.
They are not the only one, of course, and you made a really good example with Nina. Other minor characters that are handled well are Kaguya, Milly, Diethard - we might discuss about the scene of his death but his intentions and actions makes perfect sense with his character and are explored to a decent degree.
What I wanted to say is that characters that are quite important to the plot and played a usefull role both in S1 and in the final part of R2 (Ohgi, Lloyd &Cecile, also Tohdoh in respect of Suzaku) were push aside in the first 15 episodes to talk about new characters that are not all that necessary to the plot.
Someone else mentioned Gino before, and it's a really good example. I do like Gino, but the plot could do withouth him. Kannon, too. And of course they are nicer than Ohgi to look at, but I'd have want to know better what was going on on Ohgi's mind about the BK growing bigger and bigger and changing into an international organizzation.
The wild bashing would have come anyway, but maybe it would have been a way to make his subsequent actions make more sense in the eyes of the viewer. Same for Lloyd and Cécile, that weren't bashed just because they litterally happened to be on Emperor Lelouch side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
What bothers me is that NO ONE seems to see that Schneizel was geassed. I mean, talking with a guy who, I suppose, repeats "i serve zero, I serve zero" etc. would feel a bit weird no?
I guess Schneizel's brain is not fucked up, he's just supposed to not revolt against the will of Zero, but for the majority of time he acts like normal. You might see his geass like a powered-up version of the geass Lelouch put on Guilford: he obey his master, but he's nothing different from his real self.
Of course, mine is just a theory since they didn't show Schneizel after he was about to be executed.
I'm curious about the effects on his memory and how Suzaku will settle things up with him in peace time.
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote