Thread: Licensed Shiki
View Single Post
Old 2011-01-13, 03:04   Link #2100
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
Yet again more that was left out from the manga (most of this was only hinted in the anime) so I cant argue the anime perspective but I'll shed what I know. Due to genetics seishero (sp?) had nil chance of becoming a shiki, why he would serve them seems self explanatory. He seemed to revere them and wanted to do what he could since he couldn't be one himself. He shot the werewolf because he had been bitten by yuuki and was under his control.

As for the doctor, he started to drown in his hatred for the shiki and did everything he could to see them destroyed, I would go so far as to say his want to see them eradicated even overruled his desire to save people. He even turned a blind eye to what some of his allies were beginning to do. I don't think it was surprising more than his leave of sense finally returning to him and realizing that he should have known it would end up that way.

That's how I feel any way, hoping the manga will shed more light on that.

Its really unfortunate so many details were left out in the anime, having read other sources first, I probably missed a lot of said holes because I had prior knowledge to what it was and so I didn't notice it. Strictly from the anime perspective I cant argue many of your points.

The point I have been trying to stress about the review is, when you write a review, good or bad, people will disagree. In a thread that mostly be perused by fans, most of those people will disagree with a bad review. Further when write a review with your impressions of the show, it is going to leave people an impression of you based on how you write it. Especially if your opinions are very harsh like your own you should be more careful in how you word things (this post of yours is a good example of better language use compared to the first). If you think it sucked and was terrible, then you should write that but do it in a way that doesn't cause a knee-jerk reaction.

Weird example sorry but lets say...

You have a lemonade stand, I throw the cup at the ground and say "your lemonade is *beep* terrible". That's asking for a fight, even if it was true.

Rather I should say (aside form not throwing the cup at the ground, perhaps tossing it to the can to make the point) "This stuff tastes terrible, probably because *problems here*" I am much more likely to spark an intelligent conversation that way, while still getting my point across that it was just bad.

Put simply: Even if you vehemently hate it, sound intelligent about it to provoke more intelligent responses. Hostility will be responded to with hostility.

I've dragged this out long enough, hope I conveyed my point in an intelligible manner, every time I type and retype what I think I seem think something is missing...
Understood. I admit I was very harsh and will not continue recycling the same arguements in this tone.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote