View Single Post
Old 2011-07-04, 22:53   Link #78
Meltyred

Animation: 7/10
If I compare it to the original art, then it would be 10/10, I'd take unnecessary gore over blurred backgrounds and weirdly proportioned sprites any day.

Voice actors: 8/10
Nothing bad, they sounded great. Cept for that Uu-Uu, it sticks to my mind like glue.

Adaptation from game:4/10
In the end it felt like the best way to watch the anime was for the story(which is full of plot holes.) and play the game for the mysteries instead, which was why I got into Umineko.
They left out the more important deductions/ theory crackings and fleshed out the characters more, but with some missing scenes it just didn't flesh them out enough. (I mean, we almost saw krauss get some character development, then bam, he's dead.)

Music: 7/10
Music didn't have the impact it did in the VN had, it wasn't the voices, I played ep1 in PS3 mode (which had voices). Though the OP and ED has great synergy with Umineko itself.

Overall: 6.5/10
Sadly, it fails to fully let the audience experience the world of rokkenjima and the suspense and thrill, as well as sense of dread when the murders happened.
You don't get the same feeling when you watch the anime, feels as though it was more strangers dead, instead of the tension that creeps up as the survivors slowly decrease...
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote