Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-28, 11:10   Link #91
brocko

Mr Hats and Clogs I think you're taking what i said a bit too literal there, probably and partially my fault for not phrasing it right either lol =P As seen with the trailer and website, the Barb is probably most definitely back but don't get your hopes for the rest since they've stated that it's not one of their plans to carry all of the old classes over.

The witch doctor to me looks like a cross between the necro and druid.

EDIT: Also another point i want to expand on.

By faster and more combat paced gameplay: I mean the devs are gonna make a lot more crowd control skills and they want them to feel more powerful too (eg: through sfx and sound effects and what not). They want the gameplay to be very smooth and combat paced. They don't want us running away or avoiding battles half the time hence, the health globe system and they also didn't want people drinking after every fight much like what happens in WoW. They want us to constantly move forward to try and re-capture that diablo feel of venturing into the unkown. So yea that's one extra thing that they're aiming for in D3.

Also currently no word on whether they'll be a subscription fee or not. But I'm assuming it'll probably be free to play after the initial purchase. The new battlenet is apparently gonna be really awesome as well (as already hinted and mentioned with the developments of SC2). Can't wait! ><

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.

Last edited by brocko; 2008-06-28 at 11:24.
brocko is offline   Reply With Quote