View Single Post
Old 2008-08-19, 18:23   Link #55
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Thinking back now, I recall that a few years back on another forum (I think it may have been AP, but I'm not certain) there were people who considered the possibility of a future character being a kind of monk or holy man that had the ability to "seal" Devil Fruit powers. What if Haki had that function? We're already talking about how Haki may temporarily nullify a user's ability, but what if, through another person's sheer "ambition", they completely lose their powers? I'd think that would be most interesting if that were the case....
If Haki has the function to completely seal devil fruit powers in a fight it would be really cheap. It would render the use of devil fruits obsolete and would in turn put all devil fruit users at a serious disadvantage. Furthermore, I doubt that the full extent of Haki will be this powerful. If it were to be this powerful, why did Blackbeard eat a devil fruit in the first place if he knows it would be to absolutely no avail or use against Haki users? His goal is to become the pirate king and in order to do so he would have to remove any opposition in his way, but this goal would not be feasible if Haki has the ability to completely seal devil fruit powers. This whole time Blackbeard has been certain that it is his darkness devil fruit ability that will be pivotal towards making him the new pirate king. He would not have this assertion if Haki indeed has the power to make devil fruits useless.