View Single Post
Old 2010-01-21, 02:27   Link #1047
Dr. Akagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
I'd also appreciate it if someone explained to me why I'm crazy on some of the points I raised. You know, explain the relevance of Shkanon if it is true.
Just wanted to support Renall's righteous denial of the Shkanon theory and praise his excellent reasoning and fine writing.

Even after what I've heard of Ep6 spoilers, Shkanon still looks totally silly and anticlimatic, partly for the reasons Renall has pointed out, but mostly because after the huge build-up that the question arks were, I'd expect something more ingenious from R07 as the reveal.

We are still hoping for a mystery masterpiece here, for chrissakes, and Shkanon just doesn't cut it as masterpiece material.

To provide an example of what I'd consider (if only barely) tolerable, I guess I could live with Kasumi=Kyrie (I still think there's gotta be a reason for too much Kasumi in ep4, could well be a foreshadowing) or with Shkanontrice as Battler's love interest (but NOT, at the same time, the mastermind), although in the latter case Shkanon would still be unnecessary as Renall already said.

Death and its implications as viewed by the Umineko No Naku Koro Ni characters.