View Single Post
Old 2010-07-29, 13:57   Link #14781
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Actually the core of why I dislike Shkanon is...
The theory has been up in the air since early question arcs but got gradually stronger. I used to think it was possible (and still do) but wasn't too sure.
However in arc 6 it sorta throws it in our face so obviously that it makes me feel we're being fed what we want to believe.

It's like it tells us clearly about Shkanontrice but leaves enough doubt to let us think it might not be the truth. If it's the answer then it's the answer, but it feels like it's a bigger challenge to find a truth that doesn't rely on it. Nontheless if it's the truth it shouldn't be called hints, but rather an uncomfirmed fact told to us. So the question is more "is it what he's trying to make us believe" or "is it the truth".

Then I started to think more about it and the only way I can personally swallow Shkanon well is if well at least a bunch of the others knows of it. You'd think Jessica would've noticed after 3 years that she never saw them together, or overall makes you wonder why it seems common knowledge they're so close if no one ever saw them together or knows the truth. Considering things like fake first twilights, I don't think it's impossible. After all Shkanon or Shkanontrice involves Hideyoshi and Nanjo lying on uuh "her" behalf in arc 1, Rudolph and whoever was with him when they found the corpses in arc 3, and a whole lot of people in arc 4 and 5 as well.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote