View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 16:41   Link #1226
Bassoonicmayhem
The Procrastinator

I’ve reread the chapter and still, I feel nothing about it. I’m not annoyed or disappointed; I’m not livid that Ichigo has once again—somehow—obtained a power that should be well out of his grasp. I’m just apathetic. I feel nothing. This type of turn of events has happened so many times in this series that the shock value is completely gone. The tread on the tires has essentially been rubbed raw.

I was curious when Ichigo became a shinigami. I thought it made since that he had to confront his inner hollow. I raged during the Fullbringer arc and now with this allusion to becoming a Quincy almost complete (whether because Masaki was a quincy or Ichigo has somehow absorbed their powers) I just feel nothing. Of course this would happen to Ichigo. He is seemingly tied to each type of character in this series, and therefore, can have some (or all) of their powers. I’m just more curious of how Kubo will work this into the actual story and explain how Ichigo has these new powers.

I also kind of lean toward the notion that Bach might not be the main villain anymore. If that is the case, I can see what was supposed to be a joke ending up a reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Spoiler for manga 512 comic:
Or maybe we’ll end up with an even more OP Quincy than Bach. If Kubo somehow tries to make one of the Ishidas the main villain I won’t be able to take it seriously. Uryu has never been that strong. Granted, he was strong at the beginning of the series, but he has become somewhat of a joke since then. Plus his father is supposed to 'not care' about Quincy stuff—it would be really out of character.

But I do see where others interpreted Bach saying, “Yes and no” as an “I did do this but I’m not your enemy (or really, I don’t want to be your enemy).” I can see Kubo flip-flopping on Bach being the main villain though. It wouldn't be the first time he changed his mind on this matter.