View Single Post
Old 2013-09-28, 07:54   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
I see, well, I'm not using anything that can't be rationally concluded from the novels, so it's not fan wank. It's pretty much confirmed in later volumes, but it doesn't contradict the first ones.
It can't possibly be rationally concluded from the Sisters arc itself.

It's confirmed in later volumes that the Sisters plan was just a ruse but that wasn't intended to explain anything. It was just a twist added in. We were still meant to believe that stopping the experiment relied on an ambiguous plot device for two whole volumes.

Besides, there's nothing to suggest Crowley actually stopped the experiments then. He planned to make it fail all along but he only actually terminated it after the Three Stories arc, not in the Sisters arc. Touma was still the one who stopped it then (thanks to an ambiguous plot device).

And in any case it still doesn't matter. If you can wait two volumes for an answer then people have no right to bitch about plot holes they think have occurred before the story even ends.

Quote:
No it's not, they never said or did something to imply that.
And as I said before, the don't know why it stopped, only that it did. Their undisputable inhability to read minds is irrelevant.
It was their plan. They believed if Touma beat Accelerator, then the experiment would stop. And there's nothing to suggest that belief changed, so it does't need to be implied. It's what they believed and will continue to believe until otherwise stated. And it's confirmed in Volume 5 that Touma's plan was the reason it stopped.

Quote:
Though in the case I'm wrong and they did believe what you said, it's still not a plot hole, just the characters being naive.
Only if that's what's actually intended.

Quote:
News flash: Not all narratives require to disclose everything to the reader/viewer, or to spoon feed the conclusions.
No but yours does. It's a massive stretch.

Quote:
I honestly don't care about convincing you, as I'm convinced you have too much pride to ever make a concession.

I'll just explain my points as best as I can and let others judge if they agree or not... I'll stop when I find it meaningless to continue.
Well then I'll just explain it as best as I can. Read volume 5 again: Despite the experiment being mentioned very frequently, at no point does it say the experiment was stopped because Accelerator didn't want to continue it. And these are scenes when it would have naturally done so. In fact it clearly shows that the experiment was stopped because they need to look into the errors in the calculations. They gave an entire scene to it (Chapter 3 Part 1). Accelerator even stated that the experiment was only stalled.

Last edited by Haak; 2013-09-28 at 12:02.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote