View Single Post
Old 2004-04-05, 22:18   Link #16
jennwenn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee
The Techno Girls were never interested in being popular. They also never stopped fansubbing. They became popular by changing the face of fansubbing by not only providing professional translations and video quality as well. Thus, Ms. Chambers will mostly work with high resolution digital video.

...and since VHS is a rapidly detoriating media, the traditional fansubber has gone DVD. DVD fansubs are popular but the fan base is different.
Well I wouldn't necessarily equate using digital encodes with selling out or trying to be popular. I understand that there's a very different audience in these "real" fansubs and the online ones. I suppose the truly dedicated will go out and buy the fansub DVDs, but I've always thought that in the spirit of enlightening others you'd want to reach as many people as possible. And now, that's via online distribution.

Anyway, I won't tell Techno Girls what to do. They do an awesome job and pick up quality titles as it is. I'll have to pick up those DVDs, or maybe I'll shell out for the French DVDs, since my French is...well its passable. (And their Aim for the Ace DVDs too...)
jennwenn is offline   Reply With Quote