View Single Post
Old 2004-03-25, 11:59   Link #13
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
As to the potential length of the series, who knows. There is alot of manga
that can be covered so we can hope for something nice and atleast longer
than thirteen episodes. I doubt there will be much chance to fansub it though.
A TV series for something like Ah! Megumi-sama is bound to get licensed pretty
quickly.
Well if they license it it is one of the few things I'll probably buy without having seen it in advance, with such a good manga as backup it is hard to screw up the anime (well not entirely true but at least they have more than enough story in order not to rush things)

Another interesting question is where the anime would start, would they start all over again or somewhere in the middle of the story (since the anime and movie have allready introduced several characters that do not show up in the first couple of manga). One possible solution is that they adjust the story so other characters experience certain events or more characters are present during events. This is the one thing they should not do at all since there are allready enough examples of how tampering with a great storyline can turn a magnificent manga in a very mediocre anime (*cough* planetes *cough*)

I think it would be best if they just leave a message of some kind saying something like "chronologically ova 2 is placed after this episode" but that will be hard as suddenly other character would be appearing in the anime that haven't been properly introduces.

Oh well long rant and it's all speculation since we seem to know close to crap right now
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote